Health Care Investigations & Litigation
- Contract and Corporate Litigation (e.g., partnership disputes, covenant not to compete issues, business-to-business litigation, etc.)
- False Claims Act Defense
- Government Investigations Defense
- Licensing and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Investigations and Litigation
When a client is faced with litigation or possible litigation, the health care knowledge and experience of the attorneys at The Health Law Partners, P.C. is invaluable. Our attorneys provide clients with an advantage of knowing how to effectively approach and address numerous issues unique to the medical field in order to achieve the desired result during a health care investigation. Having the experience of being on many different sides of litigation due to their diverse client base allows our attorneys the ability to offer unique approaches to their clients’ needs. The attorneys at The Health Law Partners, P.C. attempt to avoid litigation when possible due to the high costs (both financial and time) inherently associated with litigation. However, in situations where no reasonable alternatives are available, our staff’s experience in administrative law hearings (e.g., State licensing actions), quasi-judicial proceedings (e.g., hospital fair hearings, third party payor appellate hearings, and binding arbitrations), judicial proceedings (e.g., State and Federal court litigation), and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)(e.g., mediation and non-binding arbitration), combined with their unique knowledge and experience in the health care field, provide an unparalleled formula for success.
The attorneys at The Health Law Partners, P.C. have represented clients in numerous pre- and post- litigation and health care investigation matters, using both their expertise in health care-related legal issues and successful litigation techniques for effective results. We pride ourselves on our ability to resolve matters as cost-effectively as possible while managing client expectations during the entire health care investigation process.
For instance, when a client is involved in a health care investigation focusing on the client’s billing practices, the attorneys at The Health Law Partners, P.C. have enjoyed tremendous success in avoiding criminal charges from being filed and mitigating the damages being sought by the government. The following list provides some examples of the kinds of health care litigation in which our attorneys have successfully represented their clients:
- Licensing Matters
- Hospital Staff Privileging Matters
- Other Physician-Hospital Disputes
- Physician Residency Terminations
- Physician Recruitment Matters
- Physician –to-Physician Disputes
- Violations of Covenants Not To Compete
- Third Party Payor Departicipations
- Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Third Party Payor Audit Appeals/Overpayment Demands
- Exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid and other Federally-Funded Programs
- Billing Company Disputes
- State and Federal Government Investigations
- Fraud and Abuse Matters
For related blog content, please click here.