Phone: (248) 996-8510
THE HEALTH LAW PARTNERS, P.C.
32000 Northwestern Hwy
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Aaron Beresh has practiced in almost all areas of healthcare law but has focused his practice on transactional matters and counseling clients regarding compliance with federal and state health care laws and regulations. Specializing in health care laws and related regulations, Mr. Beresh frequently advises clients regarding physician/practice/hospital transactions, privacy and security matters, and prepares and negotiates the necessary legal documents. Mr. Beresh specializes in HIPAA and state privacy laws, federal and state information data breaches, federal and state self-referral laws, including Stark, federal and state anti-kickback laws, and information technology issues. Mr. Beresh has represented a variety of health care providers, including surgeons, physician groups, hospitals, physician organizations, telehealth, home health agencies, DME suppliers, ambulance services, information technology companies, and other health care providers and suppliers.
In 2015, Mr. Beresh co-authored an ABA eSource Article regarding proposed changes to the Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark Law). In 2014, Mr. Beresh presented regarding fraud and abuse laws and general business considerations for the Michigan Association of Chiropractors. In 2013, Mr. Beresh authored “HIPAA: Breach Notification Rule Under HITECH—the ‘Final Rule’” Health Care Weekly Review, April, 2013, which advised health care providers about the final regulations relating to whether a disclosure of unsecured protected health information requires notification under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act. In 2008, Mr. Beresh authored “Businesses, Check Out Fine Print,” Lansing State Journal, March 2008, which at the time advised small business owners that implementing a minimum purchase policy could cause a business to unwittingly breach its processing agreement with credit card companies.
During law school, Mr. Beresh served as a federal judicial extern for the Honorable Bernard A. Friedman, then Chief Judge for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Practice Areas view
- Corporate Business Transactions
- Healthcare Contracting
- Stark, Anti-Kickback and Fraud and Abuse
- Compliance and Regulatory Guidance
- HIPAA Privacy & Security
- Issues impacting specific healthcare providers and suppliers
- J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, 2008
Honors: magna cum laude
Business & Securities Law Journal
Business Law Society
- B.A., Michigan State University, 2004
Major: Economics, Business Cognate
Bar Admissions view
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Professional Associations view
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Michigan Bar Association, Health Care Law Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- The West Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- The Chaldean American Chamber of Commerce
Published Works view
- “Michigan’s New Telehealth Law”, by Aaron Beresh, Esq., Oakland County Medical Society, March/April 2017 Bulletin.
- “It’s Time to Refocus on HIPAA Compliance,” by Adrienne Dresevic Esq. and Aaron Beresh, Esq. AHRA Link May 16, 2016.
- “Proposed Stark Law Changes – Welcomed Relaxation of Current Regulations” by Adrienne Dresevic, Esq., Clinton Mikel, Esq., and Aaron Beresh, Esq., ABA Health eSource, October 2015, Volume 12 No. 2.
- “HIPAA: Breach Notification Rule Under HITECH—The ‘Final Rule’” by Aaron J. Beresh, Esq., Health Care Weekly Review, April, 2013.
- “Businesses, Check Out Fine Print” by Aaron J. Beresh, Esq., Lansing State Journal, March, 2008.
Speaking Engagements view
- “Fraud and Abuse Laws and Contractual Considerations,” Michigan Association of Chiropractors (MAC), District Meeting, Royal Oak, MI, September 9, 2015.
- “The Business of Chiropractic: An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure,” Michigan Association of Chiropractors (MAC), 2014 MAC Fall Express Conference, Mt. Pleasant, MI, November 22, 2014.