Phone: (516) 492-3390
The Greenberg, Dresevic, Iwrey, Kalmowitz & Pendleton Law Group
A Division of
THE HEALTH LAW PARTNERS, P.C.
100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 102
Garden City, NY 11530
Joel M. Greenberg has extensive experience assisting physicians, medical groups, dentists, and other health care providers address the numerous business and legal issues that arise in their practices. Specifically, Mr. Greenberg counsels clients on all aspects of a transaction—from the initial phase of setting up an entity to establishing employment, partnership and shareholder agreements to ensuring all actions taken by the entity comply with the federal and state fraud, abuse, self-referral and professional misconduct laws and regulations. Moreover, he assists clients in the purchase, sale, and dissolution of their professional practices; helps them understand the intricacies of the malpractice insurance world; and counsels them on the myriad of other business and legal issues that confront them daily.
Mr. Greenberg frequently speaks regarding health law issues at hospitals, medical societies, colleges, and bar associations.
Mr. Greenberg is dedicated to several not-for-profit organizations, such as the American Red Cross on Long Island, United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County, MJHS and UJA-Federation of New York. He has been a long time member of the New York State and Nassau County Bar Associations, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Medical Group Management Association, and the American Academy of Family Physicians’ Network of Consultants. Mr. Greenberg served as the Managing Editor of the New York Health Law Update from 1998 through 2003 and was the Chairman of the Hospital and Health Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association from 2000 to 2002.
Mr. Greenberg received an undergraduate degree from Muhlenberg College and both a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a J.D. from The American University in Washington, D.C. He is admitted to practice both in New York and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Greenberg was selected as a “Super Lawyer” in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2016 a distinction earned by only five percent of the lawyers in the New York metropolitan area.
Mr. Greenberg is also a co-editor-in-chief of the 3rd and 4th editions of the Legal Manual for New York Physicians, which is a collaborative publication by the New York State Bar Association and the Medical Society of the State of New York.
Mr. Greenberg has been awarded the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system – AV (preeminent) and by AVVO (excellent).
Mr. Greenberg is also an Adjunct Professor of Health Law at the State University of New York’s College at Old Westbury.
Practice Areas view
- Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and Fraud & Abuse Issues
- Corporate and Transactional Matters
- J.D., American University , 1979
- M.P.A., American University, 1976
- B.S., Muhlenberg College, 1973
Bar Admissions view
- New York
- District of Columbia
Professional Associations view
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Medical Group Management Association
Honors & Awards view
- Super Lawyer in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2016
- AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and Excellent Rated by AVVO in Recognition of his High Level of Skill and Integrity
Published Works view
- “Know your Legal Obligations Before Joining an ACO“, by Joel M. Greenberg, Esq. and Claudia Hinrichsen, Esq.
- The Legal Manual for New York Physicians (2012 Third Edition), NYSBA, co-editor-in-chief
- The Legal Manual for New York Physicians (2014 Fourth Edition), NYSBA, co-editor-in-chief
- “Can Solo Practitioners and Small Group Practices Survive in Today’s Challenging Marketplace?” , by Joel M. Greenberg, Esq. and Claudia Hinrichsen, Esq., Medical Society of the State of New York Magazine, May 2010, Vol. 66 No. 5.
Media Hits view
- Joel M. Greenberg, Esq. was interviewed and quoted in the article No Going Back on Health Care Reform, which appeared in the August 22nd issue of Long Island Business News.
- The Health Law Partners have opened a second New York office in Garden City and is proud to introduce the addition of Joel Greenberg, Esq. In New York, the HLP practices as The Greenberg, Dresevic, Iwrey, Kalmowitz, Lebow & Pendleton Law Group – A Division of The Health Law Partners, P.C..
Speaking Engagements view
- Joel M. Greenberg, Esq. will be speaking to the Risk Management Association’s Young Professionals Committee on the new healthcare reform law and its impact on consumers, Hauppauge, NY, November 29th, 2012.
- “Accountable Care Organizations: How This New Delivery System Will Change the Way Healthcare is Delivered in America,” by Joel M. Greenberg, Esq., New York Association for Ambulatory Care, March 13, 2012.
- Joel M. Greenberg, Esq. presented “The Business Side of Medicine” at the Fall conference of the National CPA Health Care Advisers Association in Alexandria, Virginia on Friday, October 26th, 2012.